Saturday, May 8, 2010

Could it be???

It was a regular weekend at home. After I get back from work on an average day, I do my usual rounds of bath and freshening up, have dinner and then start watching a movie or TV series till like 1 am or so... This was the routine. This particular time, my granny and my sis were staying at home. Our rooms(mine and my sister's are on the upper floor opposing each other and the master bedroom is in the lower floor.

I have this habit of eating a lot at night. Especially after 11 pm. I even prepare noodles for myself at night but most of the time its just popcorn and fruit. My sister sleeps along with my granny in the master bedroom because she is afraid of sleeping alone at night. I on the other hand am not afraid of sleeping alone. In fact I prefer it. They go to sleep usually around 11pm and switch off all the lights. Now in order to go down, I turn on a corridor light near my room and a two way switch for the chandelier in the center. That provides enough light to climb down two fights of stairs till the kitchen.

This one night, when it was all silent outside, and it was around 12:15 am , I headed downstairs without turning on the chandelier. So i had a little tough time finding my way down. I turned on the kitchen light and I prepared microwaved popcorn for myself and then poured coke into a glass and headed back up. Before I began climbing up the first flight of stairs, when I turned right, I could see an eerie shadow in the living room. It did not seem to move. It was all too dark. The only light that was lighting up the living room was the faint moonlight. The strange thing was the shadow took the shape of a girl. What would my sister be doing in the living room at this hour of the night? I walked up to the living room and called the name of my sister but the shadow did not respond. I walked even closer and then I realized that my sister did not have hair as long as the shadow did.

I do not believe in ghosts or ghouls so I had no fear in approaching the light switch in the living room and switching it on. The shadow disappeared. It was late at night and I thought I was just seeing things. I turned away, switched off the light and headed toward the staircase. I turned on the chandelier this time using the second switch at the beginning of the staircase. It walked upwards and I took the turn and headed towards the second flight of stairs. As I climbed up, the chandelier behind me cast my shadow on the way. Was I just hazy or could I really see two shadows being cast? I turned around and there was nothing there. I turned back and now I see only one shadow! I switch off the chandelier and sprint to my room almost dropping the glass of coke...

2 comments:

  1. Brrrr.... Scary! Reading it made my heart thump. I wouldn't have slept until I found out what was casting such an eerie shadow though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not say i slept that night... The story was not complete...

    ReplyDelete